370-371 Social Sciences
- 301 Anthropology, (Cultural anthropology), (Social anthropology), (Physical anthropology), (Archaeology), (Linguistics), (Ethnology), (Ethnography), (Indigenous peoples)
- 302.2 Signs and symbols, Communication
- 302.23 Mass media, (Mass communication), (Media), (TV), (Magazines), (Radio), (Newspapers)
- 303.3 Quality of life, Social values, Values, (Best employers)
- 303.6 Terrorism, Terrorists – Biography
- 304.6 Population, Birthrate, Mortality, Vital statistics, Human fertility, (Death rate), (Mortuary statistics), (Demography), (Birth rate), (Marriage statistics)
- 305.23 Children, Children and adults, Child development, (Child rearing), (Child abuse), (Child welfare), (Teenagers), (Teenage pregnancy)
- 305.26 Aging, Retirement, (Senior citizens), (Seniors), (Aged), Elderly, Gerontology, Old age, (Older adults)
- 305.4 Women, Women – Identity, (Women – History), (Women – Social Conditions)
- 305.5 Poverty
- 305.892 Arabs
- 305.896 Blacks, African Americans, (Afro-Americans), (Blacks – United States), (Black History Month), Blacks – Canada, Blacks – Great Britain
- 306.81 Marriage
- 306.85 Family
- 307.76 City life, Cities and towns, Urban sociology, (Town life), (Urban life)
- 310 Statistics
- 314.1 Great Britain – Census, United Kingdom – Census, Great Britain – Statistics, United Kindgom – Statistics
- 317.1 Canada – Census, Canada – Statistics
- 317.3 United States – Census, United States – Statistics
- 319.4 Australia – Census, Australia – Statistics
- 320.1 Political science, Political ethics
- 322.4 Ku Klux Klan, (K.K.K.)
- 323 Human rights, Civil rights, United States – Civil rights, Blacks – Civil rights, African Americans – Civil rights, (Basic rights)
- 323.3 Women’s rights, Women’s movement, Feminism, (Women – Civil rights), (Women – Emancipation), (Women – Equal rights), (Women – Suffrage)
- 323.44 Freedom of action, Freedom of information, Freedom of religion, Freedom of speech, Freedom of the press, Intellectual freedom, Books – Censorship, (Banned books), (Social justice), (Equality)
- 323.6 Citizenship, Citizenship – Australia, Citizenship – Canada, Citizenship – United Kingdom, Citizenship – United States
- 324.271 Political parties – Canada, Conservative Party of Canada, Liberal Party of Canada, New Democratic Party, (Canadian Federal Political Parties)
- 324.273 Political parties – United States, Democratic Party (U.S.), Republican Party (U.S.), Third Parties (United States politics)
- 325 Immigrants, Immigration and emigration
- 326 Underground railroad, Slavery – United States, Abolitionists, (Abolition of slavery)
- 327.1 Peace, Peace movement, Arms control, Arms race, (Disarmament)
- 330.1 Lost and found possessions, (Lost pets), (Lost articles), (Found items)
- 331 Labor market, (United States – Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- 331.25 Pensions, Retirement income, Military pensions, Old age pensions, (Social security), (Naval pensions), (War pensions), (Old age insurance), (Compensation), (Survivor’s benefits), Disability benefits), (Children’s benefits), (Retirement pension)
- 331.3 Age and employment, Children – Employment, (Child labor)
- 331.5 Apprentices, (Employees – Training), (Occupational training), (Labor)
- 331.7 Occupations, (Jobs), (Careers), (Job search), (Employment), (Trades), Vocational guidance
- 332.024 Personal finance, Estate planning, Saving and thrift, (Financial planning, Personal), (Finance, Personal), (Budgets, Personal)
- 332.1 Banks and banking, Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM)
- 332.10971 Banks and banking – Canada
- 332.10973 Banks and banking – United States
- 332.4 Money, Paper money, Gold, Inflation (Finance), (Currency), (Standard of value), (Legal tender), Exchange, Foreign exchange, (Exchange rates)
- 332.63 Stocks, (Stock market), (Stock quotes), Bonds, Mutual funds, Securities, (Investments), (Foreign investments)
- 332.64 Stock exchange, (Securities exchange)
- 332.7 Credit cards, (Bank credit cards), (Banks and banking – Credit cards), Loans, Mortgages, Consumer credit
- 332.8 Interest (Economics), Interest rates, (Prime rates)
- 333.33 Real estate business, Houses – Buying and selling, (Home buying), (Home purchase), (Real property), (Realty), (Apartments), (Rentals)
- 333.95 Biological diversity, (Biodiversity), Endangered species, Plant conservation, (Threatened species), (Vanishing species), Extinction (Biology)
- 336.2 Taxation, (Income tax), (IRS), (CRA), (CCRA), (Revenue Canada), (Tax returns), (Taxes)
- 336.3 Public debts, (Government debts), (National debts)
- 338 Entrepreneurs, Entrepreneurship, (Home-based business), (Small business), Businesspeople, (Business people), (Self-employed), (Freelancers)
- 338.1 Farm produce – Marketing, (Farmers markets), (Agricultural products), (Farm crops)
- 338.4 Consumer goods, (Consumer products), (Merchandise)
- 338.5 Consumer price indexes, (Cost of living indexes)
- 338.7 Business enterprises, Corporations (Business organizations), (Businesses), (Firms), (Companies)
- 338.9 Subsidies, Economic policy, (Grants), (Federal aid), (Business and government), (Economic planning)
- 340 Law, (Jurisprudence), (Laws), (Statutes), (Case law), (Legal forms), Law – Directories
Governments: (See countries, e.g.:
- 341.3 Embassies and consulates, Diplomacy, Diplomatic and consular service, International relations
- 345 Trials (Homicide), Criminal law, Trials (Murder), (Manslaughter), (Crime), (Offenses against the person), (War crime trials), (Courts martial and courts of inquiry), (Poisons and poisoning)
- 345.052 Wiretapping – Law and legislation
- 346.0434 Landlord and Tenant
- 346.05 Estate planning, Inheritance and transfer tax, (Tax planning), (Personal finance)
- 346.4 Copyright, Fair use (Copyright), (Intellectual property), (Literary property), (International copyright), (Cyberlaw), Trademarks, (Logos), (Company symbols), (Corporate symbols), (Trade marks)
- 347.053 Class actions
- 349.71 Law – Canada
- 349.73 Law – United States
- 352.230941 Prime ministers – Great Britain
- 352.230971 Prime ministers – Canada
- 352.230973 Presidents – United States
- 353.8 School boards, (Boards of education) – See 371.2 Schools – Administration
- 355 Military readiness
- 358.38 Biological warfare, (Bacterial warfare), (Germ warfare)
- 361.6 Social policy, (Government policy), (National planning), (Social planning)
- 361.7068 Fund raising, (Fundraising)
- 361.8 Charities, (Charity organization), (Charitable institutions)
- 362.1 Hospitals, Hospitals – United States
- 362.2 Mentally ill, (Insane), (Insanity), (Sanity), (Mentally deranged)
- 362.29 Alcoholism, Drug abuse, Substance abuse, (Addiction to alcohol), (Drug addiction)
- 362.4 Handicapped, (Disabled), Deaf, Deafness, Hearing impaired, Physically handicapped
- 362.7 Child support, Child abuse, Child sexual abuse, Child welfare, Abandoned children, (Deadbeat dads), (Deadbeat moms), (Deadbeat parents)
- 362.8297 Missing children
- 363.1 Accidents – Prevention, Safety education, (Safety measures), (Water safety)
- 363.12 Aircraft accidents, (Aeronautics – Accidents), (Air crashes), (Airplane accidents), (Aviation accidents), (Plane crashes)
- 363.1251 Drunk driving, (Driving while intoxicated), (Driving under the influence of alcohol)
- 363.17 Poisons and poisoning, Hazardous substances, (Toxic substances)
- 363.2 Police, Law enforcement
- 363.25 Fingerprints, Fingerprints – Identification, Criminal investigation, Criminals – Identification, Forensic sciences
- 363.28 Secret Service
- 363.34 Disaster relief, (Disaster preparedness), (Emergency preparedness)
- 363.7 Environment, Environmental protection, Noise pollution, (Pollution – Prevention), (Pollution control), (Conservation movement), (Green movement), (Ecological movement)
- 363.72 Hazardous wastes, (Toxic wastes)
- 363.738 Acid rain
- 363.739 Pollution, Air pollution – Measurement, (Atmosphere – Pollution), Water pollution, (Soil pollution)
- 364 Crime
- 364.1 Computer crimes, Impostors and imposture, (Hoaxes), (Charlatans), (Pretenders), (Chain letters)
- 364.15 Homicide, (Murder), Sex crimes, Rape, Child sexual abuse, (Sexual crimes)
- 364.16 Fraud, False personation, Credit card crimes, Swindlers and swindling, (Identity theft), (Con artists), (Con game)
- 364.6 Capital punishment, (Death penalty), (Executions), (Hanging)
- 368 Insurance
- 370 Education
- 370.19 Foreign study, Foreign students, (College students), (Overseas study), (Study abroad)
- 371 Schools (K-12), (K12), (Education), (Homework)
- 371.04 Home schooling, (Home-based education), (Home education), (Home instruction), (Home teaching by parents), (Homeschooling)
- 371.102 Teaching, (Art of teaching), (Methods of teaching)
- 371.12 (Teacher qualifications), (Professional qualifications of teachers), (Certification of teachers)
- 371.2 Schools – Administration, (School management and organization), (Acceptable use policy – AUP)
- 371.26 Educational tests and measurements, Examinations, Intelligence tests, Psychological tests, Ability – Testing, (Tests), (Achievement tests), (Objective tests), (Educational measurements), (Intelligence testing), (Mental tests), (IQ tests), (I.Q. tests)
- 371.3 Teaching – Aids and devices, Teaching machines, Programmed instruction, Computer assisted instruction, (Instructional materials), (Teaching materials), (Lesson plans)
- WebQuests – Web-based lesson plans (Internet activities for educational purposes)
- 371.3028 Homework, Study skills, (Art of learning), (Method of study), (Study strategies)
- 371.39 Tutors and tutoring, (Tutorial), (Tutorials), (Learning), (Education at home), (Home instruction), (Courses of study)
- 371.42 Vocational guidance, (Vocational education), (Career education)
- 371.7 Safety education, School violence, (Student violence), (School vandalism), (Violence in schools), (Accidents – Prevention)
- 372 Elementary schools
- 372.1 Babysitting
- 373 High schools
- 374 Discussion groups, Voice chat
- 374.0973 Literacy – United States – Statistics, Adult education – United States, Educational surveys – United States
- 377.2 Character, Moral education, (Character education)
- 378 Colleges and universities
- 378.13 Alumni and alumnae – Directories
- 378.3 Scholarships, Student aid, Student loan funds, (Bursaries), (Fellowships), (Scholarship funds), (Student financial assistance)
- 379.158 School standards and accreditation, (Educational standards)
380.1 Markets, and 381 Telemarketing (See
- 380.106 Chamber of commerce, (Boards of trade)
- 381.13 Franchises (Retail trade)
- 382 International economic relations, International trade, (International organization), (Internatioal cooperation), (World economics), (Economic planning), (Social policy)
- 383 Postal service, Postal code, Zip code, Postage stamps, (Mail service), (Post office)
- 384 Electronic mail systems (E-mail or email addresses), Telephone (Telephone directories), Video telephone, Chat dictionaries, Data transmission systems, Telecommunication, (Wireless)
- 384.54 Radio stations, Radio broadcasting, Radio programs, Amateur radio stations, (Ham radio stations), (High-frequency radio), (Citizens band radio)
- 384.55 Television, Television broadcasting, Public television, Television and youth, Television and children, (Educational television)
- 387.155 Lighthouses
- 387.7 Airlines
- 388.4 City traffic, Traffic engineering, Local transit, (Street traffic), (Urban traffic), (Highway transportation)
- 391 Costume, Fashion, Clothing and dress
- 391.413 Shoes, (Footwear), (Boots)
- 392.5 Weddings, Marriage customs and rites, (Bridal customs), (Honeymoon)
- 393 Cemeteries, (Burying grounds), (Churchyards), (Graves), (Graveyards)
– See also
- 394.268 Christmas, Christmas customs, Christmas cards, Christmas decorations, (Santa Claus), (St. Nicholas), (St. Nick), (Xmas)
- 395 Etiquette
- 398 Folklore, (Folk lore), (Folk tales), (Traditions)
- 398.2 Fables, Fairy tales, Legends, Urban legends (Hoaxes)
- 398.22 Arthurian romances, Grail, (King Arthur), (Holy Grail), (Arthur, King – Romances), (Knights of the Round Table)
- 398.24 Mythical animals, Animals – Folklore, Dragons, (Monsters)
- 398.8 Nursery rhymes
We can help you With Your Research Paper
Academic Info. Your Gateway to Quality Educational Resources. Browse by Subjects or Search by Keywords.
Canada Education Savings Grant (CESG) of 20% up to a maximum of $400 per year per child. Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP). FAQ – What is a Registered Education Savings Plan and why should every Canadian child have one? To be a recipient of the CESG the RESP beneficiary must be a resident of Canada at the time the contribution is made, and have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN).
Curriculum Services Canada (CSC). Non-profit organization dedicated to high standards for learning resources. Affiliates include Ontario Curriculum Centre with many learning resources including course profiles.
CyberSchoolBus. United Nations Global Teaching and Learning Project. Site is designed for students and teachers everywhere, featuring projects and resources about the United Nations and global issues. (Slow loading).
Educational Resource Organizations Directory (EROD). U.S. Department of Education. This directory includes thousands of organizations that provide information and services on a state, regional, or national level.
EducationAtlas.com – The Web’s largest Online Education Resource Directory. Education Atlas® provides a comprehensive guide to many of the best education-related sites on the Web, sorted by Education Index / Subject and lifestage: Child Education, K-12, Higher Education, Special Education, and Adult Education. Search websites by Subjects, K-12 Teacher Lessons Plans, Colleges and Universities by Region, Home Schooling, and much more.
Education Planet: The Education Web Guide. Educational Web Sites, Top Sites of the Week, Lesson Plans, Maps, Supplies, Videos, Software, Books, Forums, Store. Choice of 16 Subject Areas. Categories for Teachers, Students, Parents. (Pop-up ads).
Human Resources Development Canada – Education Links. Recommended education resources for educators and students.
KidsFutures.ca: Spend Your Kids to College. A consumer loyalty program that is free to join and lets you save money for your children’s education.
No Child Left Behind. “These reforms express my deep belief in our public schools and their mission to build the mind and character of every child, from every background, in every part of America.” ~ President George W. Bush, January 2001. Includes No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB Act), Useful Info for Parents, Fact Sheets, plus other links, stats and graphs.
Tips Parents Can Use To Help Their Children. From the pages of Elementary School Parents Make the Difference. Practical helpful suggestions on: Making Time Count, Reading to Your Child, Building Self-Esteem, Discipline, Solving School Problems, Motivating Your Child, Building Responsibility, Reinforcing Learning, and When You Need Help.
370.19 Foreign study, Foreign students, (College students), (Overseas study), (Study abroad)
IIE Passport. Institute of International Education – Living and Learning Abroad. Search listings of over 4000 programs that can take American students, graduates, teachers and other professionals all over the world. Apply for U.S. Passport online.
371 Schools (K-12), (K12), (Education), (Homework)
The American Student from CNN. See statistics on School Size, Student/Teacher Ratio, and Studies for Elementary, Middle School, High School, and College. (Pop-up ads).
Canada’s SchoolNet. SN Today (News and Cool Sites). Connect (CanConnect, Schools On-Line). Learning Resources (Curriculum and education support materials, lesson plans). Provincial and Territorial Educational Network.
The Classroom: Tomorrow’s Education Today. Topics include: Homework Helpers, Government Agencies, Research Center, Information Sites, Biographies, Experts, Library, Study Skills Development, and Dragon Fun Room.
DiscoverySchool. Special sections created just for students, parents, and teachers. Homework Help and more for students. Kids, School, and You, guide for parents. Hundreds of original lesson plans, all written by teachers for teachers. Select from Grades K-5, 6-8, or 9-12. Subjects include: Astronomy/Space, Earth Science, Economics, Geography, History, Life Science, Animals, Ecology, Human Body, Microscopic World, Plants, Literature, Physical Science, Technology, and Weather.
Education Links. Recommended education resources for educators and students. Websites selected by Human Resources Development Canada.
FREE – Federal Resources for Educational Excellence. On April 18, 1997, President Clinton asked Federal agencies to determine what “resources you can make available that would enrich the Internet as a tool for teaching and learning.” In response, more than 30 Federal agencies formed a working group to make hundreds of federally supported education resources available at this web site. Full text searchable in all subject areas.
The Gateway to Educational Materials (GEM) is a Consortium effort to provide educators with quick and easy access to thousands of high quality educational resources found on various federal, state, university, non-profit, and commercial Internet sites.
Halton District School Board – Student Tools. Suggested Internet Search Engines, Interesting and Useful Sites for Canadian students, K-12.
High School Ace. Homework Help, Subject Guides, Reference Tools, College Prep Resources.
Homework Help. Lots of links to great resources. All the help you need in reference tools, writing tools, science, math, English and literature, history and geography. Don’t mind the spelling mistakes of “Brittanica” and “Shakespear”, they still take you to Britannica and Shakespeare Helper without any trouble.
Information Studies: K-12. Purpose is to support, develop and integrate cross-curricular information expectations of the elementary and secondary Ontario Curriculum. This document provides a comprehensive program of information literacy for all grades such as that provided by school library information centres.
Kathy Schrock’s Guide for Educators – Critical Evaluation Information. Links to critical evaluation of Internet Web Sites. Includes a series of evaluation surveys at the elementary, middle, and secondary school levels.
Learning Centre (Library and Archives Canada – LAC) for Students. A collection strong in history, literature and music, including websites, educational tools, and digitized primary sources (printed documents, diaries, maps, illustrations, paintings, manuscripts, and printed and recorded music) from LAC holdings. LAC for Teachers.
Lelia’s Links. A wonderful collection of useful and practical Web links arranged in alphabetical order by topic. Topics include: Animal Clip Art, Apples, Art & Design, Bingo Maker, Lemonade Stand (Business Games), FrontPage Tutorial, 1001 Uses for the Digital Camera, Creative Drama and Theater Education Resource Site, How Things Fly: Activities for Teaching Flight, Music Education Resource Links, and many more.
MidLink Magazine Honor Roll of Best Web Sites. Categories include: Math and Science, Social Studies, Language Arts, ESL (English as a Second Language), Web Master Resources, Educator’s Hot List, Just for Fun, and Submit Your Site.
School Matters. A Service of Standard and Poor’s – A public source for information and analysis about public schools in the United States. Select a State to view Public Education Facts, Statistics on How Students Performed on State & National Reading and Math Tests, Search and Comparison Tools (view data for up to 4 States at a time), and more.
371.04 Home schooling, (Home-based education), (Home education), (Home instruction), (Home teaching by parents), (Homeschooling)
A to Z Home’s Cool Homeschooling. Ann Zeise guides you to the best, most interesting and useful sites and articles about homeschooling on the Web.
371.102 Teaching, (Art of teaching), (Method of teaching)
Electric Teacher. Site designed to help teachers to learn to use technology effectively in classrooms. Free tutorials: PowerPoint, PhotoDraw, FrontPage, Word, K-6 Links, Edweb Design, Web Themes, and Photo Archive.
Teacher Information Network. Contents: Organizations, Educational Resources, Teacher Sites, Schools on the Internet, United States Department of Education, State D.O.E.’s, [email protected] (free web-based e-mail program), Bonus Pack, and Webmaster Musings.
The Teacher’s Bandit. Links to educational sites and Web sites designed for teachers including collection of sites with lesson plans.
Teachers.Net. Resources for teachers.
371.12 (Teacher qualifications), (Professional qualifications of teachers), (Certification of teachers)
50 States’ Certification Requirements. The College of Education at the University of Kentucky has collected the teacher certification requirements for the 50 States in an effort to facilitate the movement of teachers in the U.S.
BC College of Teachers: Standards for Education, Competence and Professional Conduct of Educators in British Columbia. PDF, 22 pages.
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) is a coalition of 35 specialty professional associations of teachers, teacher educators, content specialists, local and state policy makers. The NCATE represents over 3 million individuals in the United States, and helps to establish high quality teacher preparation.
The Ontario College of Teachers sets and regulates teaching qualifications and standards of conduct for teachers in Ontario, Canada. Standards of Practice for the Teaching Profession & Ethical Standards for the Teaching Profession available in PDF.
The Qualifications Evaluation Council of Ontario (QECO). Established in 1969, QECO provides an organized, uniform basis on which to evaluate teacher qualifications for salary purposes. Qualified teachers seeking evaluation may complete application form online but must submit required documents by snail mail. Currently, all school boards in Ontario recognize QECO evaluations.
371.2 Schools – Administration, (School management and organization), (Acceptable use policy – AUP)
Acceptable Use Policies: A Handbook. From Virginia Department of Education, Division of Technology. Contents include: Introduction to AUP, Components, Samples, Forms and Templates for Internet policies for schools.
Boards of Education in Canada from Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE), University of Toronto. Providing web links to school boards in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and Saskatchewan.
District School Board Profiles. Site contains key information on School Boards across Ontario, Canada. Includes a current list of all publicly funded elementary and secondary schools in Ontario with information on student enrolment, staff, funding of education in the Province of Ontario, and student achievement for the past few school years.
Lists of school districts in the United States from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
School District Information – United States from Brigham Young University (BYU).
SchoolMatters – A Service of Standard and Poor’s. Search for a School or District in the United States. Find State Information on Schools and Districts: Browse performance, spending per student, demographic information, education facts for any state. National Information also available.
United States School Districts. An independent list of United States School Districts, A-Z, which have web servers and electronic mail addresses.
371.26 Educational tests and measurements, Examinations, Intelligence tests, Psychological tests, Ability – Testing, (Tests), (Achievement tests), (Objective tests), (Educational measurements), (Intelligence testing), (Mental tests), (IQ tests), (I.Q. tests)
ACT, SAT, GRE, Vocab from number2.com. Free SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test) prep, free ACT (American College Test) prep, free GRE (Graduate Record Examination) prep, and free Vocab builder. For clarification of the acronyms SAT and ACT, see Will the real SAT please stand up? (Pop-up ads).
Classic IQ Test. Free IQ test from Tickle Inc. Answer 4 different types of questions: mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. Site claims your resulting IQ score is scientifically accurate. (Good test, but be sure to BLOCK pop-up ads when accessing this site).
collegeboard.com. Official site of the SAT – Scholastic Assessment Test. Provides information on SAT Registration & Scores, SAT Prep, Apply to 500 U.S. colleges and universities online, CSS/PROFILE Online (College Scholarship Service/PROFILE is the financial aid application service of the College Board – search and apply for scholarships online), and CB Code Search (for centers in Canada and United States use the SAT Test Center Search, also searches internationally by country. Try the SAT question of the day where you can ask for a hint if you need one. (Pop-up ads).
Enneagram Test. The 36 questions in this free Enneagram test are a sampler of the scientifically validated 144-question Riso-Hudson Enneagram Type Indicator (RHETI) personality test. Discover your personality type.
free-TOEFL.com. Free, no hassle membership will grant you unlimited access to a full-length practice Structure exam as well as demos of Listening and Reading sections.
Free TOEFL Study. TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language is often required for foreign students wishing to attend universities in Canada or the United States. Site provides free practice questions. See also links to other TOEFL resources. (Pop-up ads).
IQ Test Labs. IQ test with 25 free pages of analysis, statistics, advice, and career tips.
IQ Tests. Links to various IQ test sites including Personality tests, Alternative IQ tests, Entrepreneurial tests, and others. Site states that these IQ tests are for fun only, results are not be taken too literally.
IQ Personality Tests. Great site offering both fun and serious online tests: Personality Tests, IQ Tests, Love Tests, Health Tests, Career Tests, Other Free Tests, as well as a Random Test (e.g. Geek and Nerd Purity Test, Priority Management Test, Bible Quizzes, Are You Sigmund Freud? and others).
Mensa Workout free test from Mensa International. You have half an hour to answer 30 questions, although the actual time taken is not factored into the scoring. This quiz is provided by Mensa for entertainment purposes only; it is not an IQ test. Whatever high score you get on this test will not qualify you for Mensa.
PinkMonkey.com SAT Study Guide. Contents: PART I – Things you need to know about SAT I, Format, Sample Answer Sheets, Result Analysis. PART II – Verbal Section, Sentence Completion, Analogy, Reading Comprehension, Tips. PART III – Mathematical Reasoning. PART IV – Practice Tests (One Drill and 4 Practice Tests with Answer Keys). (Pop-up ads).
Quiz Hub. Collection of interactive learning quizzes for K-12. Free sample quizzes for everyone, plus 2-week free trial for school administrators and teachers.
The SAT Lowdown. An online guide to preparing for the SAT. Includes Official SAT Links: SAT Registration, SAT Calendar and Fees, SAT FAQ, Question of the Day, The New SAT (2005), SAT Tips Archive, and more. (Pop-up ads).
SAT Test Preparation Tips. Site includes: SAT Test Day Tips and Advice, SAT Test Structure, SAT Verbal Analogies, SAT Critical Reading, SAT Sentence Completion, SAT (Math) Quantitative Comparisons, SAT Problem Solving (Multiple Choice), SAT1 Problem Solving (grid in), as well as SAT and College Admissions Related Links.
Test Prep Review. Free Practice Tests for students including ACT, GED, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, OAT, PCAT, SAT, and many others.
Tickle Your Brain: What’s Your IQ? Take the free classic IQ test.
TOEFL – The Official Site of Test of English as a Foreign Language provides information on how, when, where, and cost involved to take the TOEFL.
371.3 Teaching – Aids and devices, Teaching machines, Programmed instruction, Computer assisted instruction, (Instructional materials), (Teaching materials), (Lesson plans)
Back to School Resources for Busy Teachers from Canadian Association of Second Language Teachers (CASLT).
The Best on the Web for Teachers. Some 400 sites with K-12 lesson plans arranged in order of popularity.
Center for Science Education (CSE) – Resources for Educators. Include: Resources In Print and On Video, Web-Based Resources, Curriculum Programs, Early Childhood Resources, Elementary Resources, Middle-Grades Resources, and High School Resources.
Desk Top Publishing Lesson Plans. Well designed lesson plans adaptable to any grade or age level.(Pop-up ads).
Dr. Labush’s Teachers’ Links. Lots of links and resources. Lesson plans, Coloring Pages, Free Worksheets, Puzzlemaker, Certificates, Awards and Rewards for All Ages, Word Search Puzzles, Myths, Folktales, and Legends, Helpful Hints for Beginning Teachers, 7 Time Management Sanity Savers, and much more.
edHelper.com. Great resources for K-12 teachers. EdHelperNet lists the Top Education Sites, offers 10960 Lesson Plans, 1223 WebQuests, 5000 Free Worksheet Generators, 1600 Word and Critical Thinking Problems, Exams and Puzzles for Standardized Tests.
EdSelect.com. Useful links for teachers and teacher-librarians. Focus of site selection is the Ontario, Canada curricula.
Lesson Plan by Subject. Lesson Plans Collection for K-12 Teachers from teAchnology: The Art and Science of Teaching with Technology. Scroll down the page to view subject categories.
Lesson Plans Library from DiscoverySchool.com. Hundreds of original lesson plans, all written by teachers for teachers. Searchable by categories: Grades K-5, 6-8, and 9-12. Wide variety of subjects covered.
LessonPlanZ.com. Collection of over 3500 links to individual lesson plans and teaching resources.
Math Goodies. Math lesson plans for Grades 9-12. Topics include: Statistics, Pre-Algebra, Probability, Integers, Understanding Percent, Number Theory, Circumference & Area of Circles, Perimeter & Area of Polygons. (Pop-up ads).
Music Resources. Music Lesson Plans on the Net, Software Titles to Teach Music, Music Theory, Piano Lessons Online, MIDI Sequencing Lessons, Bulletin Boards for the Music Classroom, Band Director Resources, Music Artist Biography Sites, Favorite MIDI Sites, plus a long list of General Music Sites.
Our Page. Provides practical internet resources for teachers. Includes links to Lesson Plans, Classroom Management, All Purpose/Reference, Holiday Links, Free Worksheets, and many other subject areas.
Scholastic Teacher Resource Center. Lesson Plans and Activities for PreK-8.
Sites for Teachers. Sharp Links: Thousands of links to web sites and resources (including K-12 lesson plans) for teachers.
Teachit.co.uk. Library of free English teaching resources. Over 2000 pages of classroom materials for Primary, Secondary and English, Drama and Media Studies teachers.
teachervision.com. Lesson Planning Center Contents: Lesson Plans, Printables, Themes, Assessment, Research Center, plus Online Student Activities.
TeacherWeb.com. Create your own free Web site quickly and easily with pre-programmed features: announcements, homework assignments, calendar, your selection of Web links for students to access, add photos and graphics, your e-mail address and a description about you.
Teachers.Net Lesson Plans. You can Submit, Search, Browse, and Request Lesson Plans. Categories include: Pre-school, Elementary, Middle, Senior, Advanced, Arts & Crafts, Science, History, Social Studies, Geography, Mathematics, Reading & Writing, Literature, Music, Computers, Language, Physical Education, Health and Games.
TeAch-nology: The Web Portal for Educators! Search TeAch-nology’s 150,000+ Reviewed Sites. Categories include: Teaching Themes, “Ideas That Worked”, Lesson Plans Center, Teacher Resources, Free Work Sheets, TeAch-nology Tutorials, and much more.
Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute. Curriculum Units by Fellows of the Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute 1978-2003. High quality lesson plans complete with details for teachers to execute carefully planned units. Wide range of topics.
371.3028 Homework, Study skills, (Art of learning), (Method of study), (Study strategies)
Helpful Study Skills Links on Time Management, Test Taking, Reading Skills, Note Taking, Citations, Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, Theology, Economics, Writing a Research Paper, ESL, and Study Skills Surveys, recommended by G.K. Wilbur, University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, MN.
How-To-Study.com – A Study Skills Resource Site. Study skills, study strategies, and study tips. Topics include: Preparing to Study, Taking Notes in Class, Learning Styles, A Strategy for Reading Textbooks, A Strategy for Reading Novels, Good Listening in Class, Solving Math Word Problems, Using Reference Sources, Spelling Long Words, Essay Tests, Test Anxiety, A Strategy for Taking Tests, Reading Comprehension, Remembering Information, Building Vocabulary, Writing a Research Paper, Making an Oral Presentation, Managing Time, Word Identification Strategy, Writing Techniques, & Flexible Reading.
Strategies for Success. From Middle Tennessee State University. Ten Tips You Need to Survive College, Getting the Most from Taking Notes and Reading Your Textbook, How Successful Students Prepare for Tests, Strategies for Taking Any Tests, Time Management, Setting Goals, Learning Styles, Jenson’s Equation for Optimal Learning, and more. Includes Some Tips for High School Students, and Links to Other Study Strategies.
Study Guides and Strategies from University of St. Thomas. Topics covered: Preparing to learn, Studying, Classroom participation, Reading skills, Preparing for tests, Taking tests, Writing skills, Math & Science, plus an on-line, web-based learner self-assessment tool, and more. This amazing site is available in 18 other languages besides English: Amharic, Arabic, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, German, Spanish, French, Hindi, Indonesian/Malay, Italian, Korean, Luganda, Portuguese, Russian, Tamil, and Turkish.
Study Habits from SORT (Student Online Readiness Tool). Site provides answers to What do I need to begin an online course? How much computer experience do I need to take an online course? and other questions.
Study Skills from Iowa State University Academic Success Center. Contents: General Study Skills, Note Taking, Reading, Memory & Test Taking, Time Management, Stress Management, and Self Assessment.
Study Skills Self-help Information. From Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Time Scheduling Suggestions, Study Skill Checklist, Concentration, Study Environment, Note Taking, Motivation, Priority Setting, Procrastination, Stress Management, Study Environment Analysis, Suggestions for Improving Reading Speed, and more.
Ten Tips to Success at University. A Handbook for Students from Concordia University, Montreal, QC.
Learning Skills Handouts & Advice. Including: Key Academic Skills, Time Management Strategies, Memory & Thinking Skills, Exams – Preparing, Writing, and Beyond, from Student Development Centre, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada.
371.39 Tutors and tutoring, Independent study, (Tutorial), (Tutorials), (Learning), (Education at home), (Home instruction), (Courses of study)
Beginners.co.uk. Choose from 447 Online Tutorials. Site provides hundreds of free online IT tutorials ranging from entry level texts on using word processors through to advanced techniques in web development/database design and network routing.
W3Schools.com: The best things in life are free. Available inside W3Schools are numerous free Web building tutorials, from basic HTML and XHTML tutorials, to advanced XML, XSL and WAP tutorials. Tutorials include hundreds of Try-It-Yourself cut-and-paste examples, as well as Quiz Tests to test your newly acquired skills.
371.42 Vocational guidance, (Vocational education), (Career education)
4education.us. Tech, Trade & Vocational Training Schools & Career College Directory across the United States, plus study in Europe, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
Canada Colleges: Technical Schools, Vocational Schools, and Technical Colleges in the Canadian Provinces. Colleges in British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, plus Information Technology Degree & Certificate Programs at Herzing College, International Academy of Design & Technology, and University of Phoenix, Vancouver, BC Campus.
CareerSchools.org: Adult Education and Career Schools Directory. Site provides a comprehensive directory of professional, trade, and vocational schools and colleges for adults in United States and Canada, Online Schools, and International Students.
Degrees to Succeed. Provides information on professional, trade, and vocational schools and colleges in culinary arts, information technology (IT), graphic design, web design, animation, fashion design, interior design, business, automotive, health care, education, and more.
Education Whiz. Offers information on more than 100 schools and colleges (mainly in U.S., includes a few in Canada and United Kingdom) featuring over 1,000 online and campus degree programs.
Overview.com. Career Offerings at Colleges, Universities, and Vocational Schools. A searchable database of 900+ career fields, 6000+ vocational schools, colleges, and universities with their addresses and phone numbers, links to scholarships, sources of loans, financial aid and advice.
Technical Colleges & Vocational Tech Schools. Including Other Educational Resources: major U.S. colleges, universities and vocational schools, Computer & Web Design Schools, Trade Schools, Cooking & Culinary Arts Schools, Fashion Design Schools & Colleges, Interior Design & Decorating Schools, Photography Schools & Colleges, Graphic Design Schools & Colleges, Medical Career Schools, Degrees & Colleges Search Online, and more.
Technical Vocational Schools. Online Education Courses, Computer Science Colleges, Business Colleges, Graphic Design Colleges, Technical Colleges, Best Culinary Schools, and Fashion Design Schools across the United States.
Vocational-Schools.info. Search for online and campus-based vocational schools across the United States (including some in Canada). Shop and compare programs by career or in your own state. Search by State or by type: Vocational Schools, Cooking Colleges, Design Schools, Technology Colleges, Aviation Colleges, Automotive Colleges, Teacher Training Colleges and Nurse Colleges (Medical Vocational Schools).
371.7 Safety education, School violence, (Student violence), (School vandalism), (Violence in schools), (Accidents – Prevention)
10 Golden Rules for Safety – Quick Kids Version . Stranger –>> Danger: I never talk to, go anywhere with, take anything from or help a stranger. Sacred Trust: I keep our family password a secret. I will never go anywhere with anyone who cannot tell me the current password. And other rules.
About.com School Violence. Topics include: Violence in Schools, School Uniforms, 12 Things Teachers Can Do to Stop School Violence, Bullying – Both Sides of the Fence, Early Warning, Timely Prevention, National School Safety and Security Services, PLANet – Crisis Planning for Schools, Preventing Violence in Schools, Research Findings on School Violence, Student Pledge Against Gun Violence, Violence and the Legal Rights of Students. (Pop-up ads).
CSPV School Violence Fact Sheets from Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence, University of Colorado. Topics include: Safe School Planning, Preventing Firearm Violence, School Violence and Social Conditions, Juvenile Aggression, Youth Violence, Evaluations of School-Based Violence Prevention Programs, Reducingy School Violence, Youth Handgun Violence, Youth Violence Problem, School Discipline Codes, and Student Profiling.
How Kids Can Put Bullies in Their Place – Without Force of Violence. Tips on dealing with a bully, from Stay Alert Stay Safe (SASS).
School Safety. Includes printable single page posters A Dozen Things Students Can Do to Stop School Violence, in PDF as well as A Dozen Things Principals, Teachers, Parents Can Do to Stop School Violence, all available in PDF from National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC).
School Violence: Causes, Solutions, Lesson Plans, Web Links from Consitutional Rights Foundation, USA.
School Violence Fact Sheet from National Youth Violence Prevention Resource Center.
School Violence Links from emTech – Emerging Technologies.
School Violence Research Links for Parents and Teenagers. Articles include: Coming to Terms with Violence in Our Schools, An Overview of Strategies to Reduce School Violence, Frequency of Specific Crimes, Guns in School, How to Prevent School Violence, Preventing School Violence: Suggested Policies, and School Efforts to Ensure Safety and Promote Discipline.
Violent Kids: Warning Signs. Brief summary by Ken Trump of National School Safety and Security Services.
What Is the Extent of the Problem of School Violence? from Prevention Institute.
Youth Violence – Fact Sheet from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDCP), National Center for Injury Prevention and Control