Short Explanation How To Write A Hypothesis
How to write a hypothesis -Tips
- Select a topic that interests you and you have read about it. The information should be used to derive possible answers to what you would like to research on. It Can also be found in books from the library and online. Pick a topic that you’d like to know more about. Selecting an interesting topic helps you to generate hypothesis before the study. For example, choose a topic like, why is the percentage of obese women is larger than that of men? This is a topic that may raise a discussion, and the literature of this information will vary. The information in books written by different people will be different.
- Read existing research on the topic you have selected, research and inquire to gather information on the topic. One needs to be an expert in whatever the topic they have chosen and draw hypothesis from them in the end. The information to be gathered should be unbiased and accurate. Reading will help you draw hypothesis on the topic before a scientific method is used to nullify the hypothesis statement. Reading and educating yourself on the topic of study before you draw a hypothesis helps to reduce chances of a null hypothesis after the experiment. Basing on the above topic, one can read from philosophical books and documents on obesity and find books on the researched results on the related topic. Information could also be found in websites and videos and other digital devices.
- Analyze the information you have gathered from all the materials you have used. With the information you have collected, formulate questions that are unanswered in the articles, videos, and documents, and this will help you in your investigations. Read the information you have collected from all the materials and make sure they are comprehensive. When drawing your hypothesis, it should be based mostly on what you know about the topic. For example, in the information, you will notice that women are not exercising much and this is what causes obesity. You will find a way of writing your hypothesis based on why don’t women exercise. What if they exercised, will it reduce the level of obesity amongst women?
- Come up with queries after reading about the topic, and its literature. From the work you have analyzed you get to find questions you would like to research on. These are the questions you write down, and you would like to do and do more research on the topic. The generated questions are those that will guide your research in the future. The questions drawn, form the literature used to help you to research on the topic you have selected. This will guide your research if you would like to analyze further. For example, based on the above analysis you would say, ” How does exercising help reduce the level of obesity in women?”
- Later come up with clues on what you think the answers to your questions might be. The questions that were debited due to the analysis of information on the topic will help you form a basis of your hypothesis. Even the missing information that is unknown may get some hypothesis based on the knowledge you have of the topic. For instance, based on the information, you should try find answers to questions that may give a clue on why don’t women exercise compared to men.
- Get a simple hypothesis topic that will not give you a headache to come up with the questions and formulating a hypothesis.
What is a hypothesis
What does hypothesis mean? A hypothesis is a solution formulated on questions you ask yourself about a topic based on a certain understanding of information. The researcher then does research that is to prove the hypothesis. The researcher uses scientific methods to do their experiments.
Hypothesis statement takes you to research hypothesis where the topic of discussion or experimentation is specifically pointed out. The research hypothesis is a clearly defined topic of discussion about the results of a study in particular topic. It could be a research, when the particular point of discussion is specific.
Simple Hypothesis definition
Google definition of hypothesis is as follows:
A hypothesis is a work in progress where you draw questions about a topic you would like to research on. The questions devices should be used in the research ahead on the topic. The questions should also be taken from a topic that you understand best. You can read about the topic or discover other forms of getting the literature that will help you know more about the topic you want to draw hypothesis from. First, think of what will happen then draw a hypothesis from what you think will happen. When you later research from your hypothesis, you get to experiment on what happens.
Read also: Choose a Custom Research Paper Writing Service From Experts
What is hypothesis format and how do you use it?
There are different formats that you as a writer can style your hypothesis. There is no specific format for styling of your hypothesis instead, you are supposed to adhere to the instructions of your supervisor given in the paper. To come up with a good format you should:
- Research on the question you asked. The information can be found in books and articles online on websites. In libraries and schools. Research and get your findings from combined sources. The information maybe is containing unknown part of the study. This will help you in drawing research questions.
- Create a hypothesis that gives the possible answers to the questions you formulated from your research and reading more. You will use your hypothesis to experiment to find out if the hypothesis statement you draw is not containing null hypothesis.
- Construct an experiment to check your hypothesis. This experiment uses scientific methods to search for the use of machines to conclude. This information can be found by using the method like observation, interviewing people to get information from them. You can also use questionnaires to get information that is not biased. The information should give you the results of the population that shared their information.
- Study your results then conclude. The conclusions are drawn from the information gotten from the scientific methods used. The information is analyzed, and the comparisons are made. They are compared to the hypothesis you drew earlier. This information is used to write a hypothesis statement.
- Give your findings on the results to either your teacher or whoever it may concern. After a study, the findings should be presented. It could be done during class discussion, class presentation or further library research. Use this finding to nullify your hypothesis.
Hypothesis vs prediction
Hypothesis and prediction are two-way things that are not similar at all. People always use one to mean the other in their different application, while in reality they are totally different.
Hypothesis is the one that assumes the answer to a question. It is based on experiments that may be disputed by facts. Hypothesis gives you the variables that can contradict themselves. They can only be disputed by the scientific facts on the experiments conducted. For instance, a hypothesis can be drawn from looking into the relationship between exercising and not Gettysburg obese. They test the clues of answers you have before getting the facts.
A prediction is where someone just draws a conclusion form his little knowledge of the topic. It is not researched and it. Prediction you may have may be based on facts you know about the topic that you have no more knowledge about. Hypothesis is a knowledgeable guess.
It is guessing the possible answers. You draw the prediction conclusion from the accuracy of events that follow afterwards. If the events that follow are not corresponding, the prediction does not become accurate. From the example a prediction maybe made that the percentage of women with obesity will increase by twenty percent by the end of the year. If the prediction is not accurate by that time it is considered null. Prediction is a pure guess work that has no facts to consider.
Predictions have only one chance to prove but hypothesis can remain a discussion for a long time. It can take more than one person or one generation to prove. Predictions show of the future events but hypothesis are just guess work that are in the progress of research. Can be discussed and researched in a long time. Hypothesis will find out more about the two variables that are in hand. They give what the researcher has in mind about the two variables.
Some Hypothesis examples
It is good to go through hypothesis examples of other authors because it helps you to develop your own writing skills. When you get exposed to different samples of hypothesis then by the end of the day you will have learnt how to present your hypothesis to best meet the recommended format. Below are some of the ways in which you can be able to perfect your hypothesis.
Why is the percentage of obese women more than that of men? This is a question that you ask yourself when you are interested in a topic, and you want to study it.
Use both primary, secondary and tertiary scientific methods to do your background check of the disease and its courses. Find out why women get obese at a high rate. Use books from the library and other sources. Go to the library and use online sources to know more about the question you have ask. Read magazines and newspapers related to the question. In this research, I found out the following questions to find out.
- Obesity is caused by lack of exercising the body.
- Most women find it hard to exercise.
- Men exercise more than women.
- Eating junk foods without exercising may cause obesity.
Create a hypothesis
This hypothesis will be the answers to certain questions that you formulated during your study and research. This hypothesis helps in help predicting the results to expect or your filling of information. For instance:
- Why do you think obesity may be caused by lack of exercising the body? Because lack of exercising the baby may cause accumulation of fat in the body.
- Why do women find it had to exercise? Because women are believed to be soft creatures that need lots of care.
- Why do men exercise more than women? Because they feel masculinity is defined by how strong you might be.
- Why does eating junk foods without exercising a possibility of being obese? Because junk foods cause fat to build up in the body. Without burning the fat exercising, it will build up and may cause obesity.
Experiment your hypothesis
You can use scientific methods to experiment on the hypothesis you drew earlier. Such as:
- Reading magazines and newspapers
- Use of questionnaire
- Interviewing people
- Observation of people’s behavior
- Telephone calls
The data collected should be used to analyze and conclude. Most people might be giving the same information on the topic which you are researching. You will draw your conclusions basing on the data you have gathered. The conclusion should not be biased. It should be accurate and comprehensive.
Useful information: Professional dissertation writers will help you write and edit your paper.
Your results on the findings and conclusion should be presented and communicated to your supervisors or the parties concerned. It can be presented like a class presentation, or a group discussion also further library research. In your group discussion discuss your findings, many of the people in the group may have also had other conclusions of the topic your researching. Some may have a positive response, but that doesn’t mean it affects your conclusion.
With this guide, you are certain to come up with the best hypothesis adorable for your audience!!