30 Great History Research Paper Topics
History is a subject that is always tightly connected to the concept of time and space. To truly analyze the event you should know when and where it happened. Knowing the period and location you may easily define the cultural context, search for the events that happened before and understand the real causes of the event you are studying.
So, if you are struggling with choosing your research paper topic on History (which is completely understandable, considering the countless interesting events that humanity managed to cause), try to answer the first two questions: what period and geographical location you want to study? Maybe, you have some personal preferences, or you or your friends have the elderly relatives who witnessed some important events.
Be careful if you choose the period and location because of the recent movie you watched or the book you read. The history is often romanticised beyond any recognition, so if you are a huge fan of a certain setting, learning the real state of affairs in that period of time can be dream-crushing experience.
If you are still ready to try, remember to step aside from any imagery you saw or read before (except the one you took from real historical studies). You may try to do it vice versa if you want to: study the period and historical events at first and then watch the movie and read the book again, searching for similarities and differences from the real history.
Whatever you choose, try to narrow down to 100 years maximum. The best amount of events to be analyzed and described in one research paper is the one that happens during one human lifespan. It is much enough to give your audience the complete picture and, from the other hand, it won’t overload them with details and will give you the opportunity to study everything thoroughly.
You’re welcome to use our sample topics to get your own inspiration. Good luck to you!
- Industrial revolution in your country and worldwide
- The impact of Martin Luther King’s speech
- The French Revolution. The establishment of the principles of democracy in France
- American Revolution and building of American society
- The Vietnam War, its causes, consequences and scars it left
- The creation and failure of Weimar Republic
- American foreign policy from the beginning of 21th century
- Cold war and its consequences for the world
- Battle of Hastings and its role in the history of England
- The Crusades and the Jihads. Similarities and differences
- The process of abolition of slavery and its meaning for the world
- The ideas of Communism and their influence to the world
- British colonialism in India
- The rise of independent African countries
- The Holy Roman Empire
- The phenomenon of hippie culture: did it have a huge impact?
- Monasteries and education during the Middle Ages
- Japanese economic wonder: can it be repeated?
- The development of People’s Republic of China
- The Caribbean in the golden age of pirates.
- The most prominent queens of ancient Egypt
- The culture of Roman Empire in comparison to ancient Greece
- What made ancient Sparta so different from other cities?
- The trading routes of Renaissance period
- The colonization of America
- The importance of sport games in ancient times
- The political power of Pope in the Middle Ages
- The history of propaganda from the ancient times to modern days
- The changes in the economics of Europe after the World War I
- Sexual revolution: causes and consequences
Having difficulties with choosing your research topic? The deadlines are pressing and you have no time to handle all your academic assignments?
Get help from experienced and well-trained writers holding a college or a PhD degree! We also offer proofreading and essay writing service. Click the button to proceed!