30 Great History Research Paper Topics
History is a subject that is always tightly connected to the concept of time and space. To truly analyze an event you should know when and where it happened. Knowing the period and location you may easily define the cultural context, search for the events that happened before and understand the real causes of the occurrence you are studying.
Meanwhile, we have compiled a list of top writing services with teams of highly experienced writers, where you can get any type of assistance with your college assignment.
So, if you are struggling with choosing your history research paper topics (which is completely understandable, considering the countless interesting events that humanity managed to cause), try to answer the first two questions: what period and geographical location you want to study? Maybe, you have some personal preferences, or you or your friends have the elderly relatives who witnessed some important facts?
Be careful if you choose a period and location because of a recent movie you watched or a book you read. History is often romanticized beyond any recognition, so if you are a huge fan of a certain setting, learning the real state of affairs in that period of time can be a dream-crushing experience.
If you are still ready to try, remember to step aside from any imagery you have seen or read before (except the one taken from real historical studies). You may try to do it vice versa: study the period and historical events at first and then watch the movie and read the book again, searching for similarities and differences from real history.
Whatever you choose, try to narrow down to 100 years maximum. The best amount of events to be analyzed and described in one research paper is the one happening during one human lifespan. It is large enough to give your audience a complete picture and, on the other hand, it won’t overload them with details and will give you the opportunity to study everything thoroughly.
You are welcome to use our sample topics to get your own inspiration. Good luck to you!
30 Interesting History Topics for Choosing
- The industrial revolution in your country and worldwide
- The impact of Martin Luther King’s speech
- The French Revolution. The establishment of the principles of democracy in France
- American Revolution and building of American society
- The Vietnam War, its causes, consequences, and scars it left
- The creation and failure of the Weimar Republic
- American foreign policy from the beginning of the 21st century
- The cold war and its consequences for the world
- Battle of Hastings and its role in the history of England
- The Crusades and the Jihads. Similarities and differences
- The process of abolition of slavery and its meaning for the world
- The ideas of Communism and their influence on the world
- British colonialism in India
- The rise of independent African countries
- The Holy Roman Empire
- The phenomenon of hippie culture: did it have a huge impact?
- Monasteries and education during the Middle Ages
- Japanese economic wonder: can it be repeated?
- The development of the People’s Republic of China
- The Caribbean in the golden age of pirates.
- The most prominent queens of ancient Egypt
- The culture of the Roman Empire in comparison to ancient Greece
- What made ancient Sparta so different from other cities?
- The trading routes of the Renaissance period
- The colonization of America
- The importance of sports games in ancient times
- The political power of Pope in the Middle Ages
- The history of propaganda from ancient times to modern days
- The changes in the economies of Europe after World War I
- Sexual revolution: causes and consequences