40 Useful Ideas for Psychology Research Paper Topics
There is a countless psychology research paper topics. Mostly, when thinking about psychology research papers, people remember the psychological issues, but there is a lot of other areas where psychology can be useful. Every part of life that involves humans is connected to the psychology. And every single case has several different interpretations according to the main psychological schools.
There are lots of psychological phenomena that weren’t studied yet, so you are free to choose. Still, if you want to try yourself in something completely new, prepare to gather lots of data by yourself. Your research paper may need a practical part (a questionnaire, a set of interviews etc) to prove your point, so make sure you have enough respondents willing to cooperate around.
If you are writing about the case in general, try not to focus on the approach of the particular school. Give the audience the diversity of points of view, analyze weak and strong sides of every theory. Some major branches of psychology indeed work better with some types of psychological issues, but the fact that others weren’t applied to such issues doesn’t mean they don’t fit.
The last but very important thing to remember – be ethical. Always warn your respondents that their answers may be published, hide their names and other facts that can directly point on them and think twice before giving them the questionnaire. Are you sure they won’t be triggered with the questions in it? Please remember that your primary goal is not to make their state worse.
Have a look at our sample topics, maybe they will help you to get your own ideas of the research paper?
40 Psychology Research Topics for Writing the Best Paper
- The history of psychology. Its development and usage
- PTSD from ancient to modern times. The causes of PTSD and the ways to prevent it
- Psychology and mythology. Repeating images in the myths around the world
- Freudism and its basic concepts
- Psychology and physiology. Psychosomatic diseases
- Psychology of happiness
- Psychology and psychiatry. Borderline states
- History, causes and treatment
- Anxiety disorder
- Psychology of the crowd
- The usage of psychology by governments. Propaganda
- Everyday psychology. How do we use it in our daily life?
- Psychological relaxation: why it is so important?
- Psychological tortures: can they make real harm?
- Business psychology
- Teenage psychology
- Children psychology
- The psychological ages of a human
- Socionics: a controversial theory. Does it work?
- Family counseling
- Religion and psychology: can the faith be an additional resource for the mind?
- The stages of coping with the loss. The psychology of loss
- Childhood traumas: their types and the impact on the adult life
- Psychology of sex
- Self-esteem issues in psychology
- Breaking the abusive and codependent relationship. The role of psychotherapy
- The difference between psychologists, psychotherapists and psychiatrists
- Psychology of games: why games are important for our development?
- Psychology of marriage
- Post-Freudian psychology and its development
- Gestalt psychology
- Alternative and esoteric psychology
- The prominent cases in the psychological studies
- Psychology and sociology
- Do the psychological portraits of people in different countries differ?
- The influence of education to the personality of a person
- Feminist psychology as part of gender studies
- Psychology and LGBTQ+ people
- First psychological aid and its importance
- Suicidal attempts and psychology of them