Welcome to A Research Guide
We’re here to help you learn how to write many different types of research papers. We’ve collected some of the best writing resources and offer the latest style rules to guide you through footnoting and referencing as well as writing bibliographies and works cited pages.
Explore our in-depth resources for key literature guides or visit our ask & answer section to submit all your writing-related questions!
- Research, Writing, and Style Guides (MLA, APA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard, CGOS, CBE)
- Sample Bibliography or Works Cited in MLA Style
- Sample Parenthetical References in MLA Style
- Sample Footnotes in MLA Style
- Abbreviations of Months of the Year, Days of the Week, and Other Abbreviations of Time
- Internet Country Codes Alphabetical Listing by Countries
- Common, Uncommon and Specialized Abbreviations
- Bible Abbreviations
- How to Write a Bibliography – Examples in MLA Style
- Chapter 11. Guidelines on How to Write a Bibliography in MLA Style
- Chapter 10. Works Cited, References, and Bibliography – What’s the Difference?
- Chapter 9. Parenthetical References – Examples in MLA Style
- Chapter 8. First Footnotes and Endnotes – Examples in MLA Style
- MLA Footnotes. How to Write Footnotes and Endnotes in MLA Style
- Chapter 6: Plagiarism: How to Avoid It
- Chapter 5. Quoting Passages Using MLA Style
- Format for a Research Paper
- Chapter 2. Quick Click to Search Engines
- How to Write a Research Paper