Welcome to A Research Guide
We’re here to help you write your research papers. Scholars and librarians have collated some of the best resources for literary research and we have the latest styleguides to guide you through footnoting, referencing and bibliographies.
Explore our in-depth resources for key literary works or visit our ask & answer section to submit your research dilemmas.
- Research, Writing, and Style Guides (MLA, APA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard, CGOS, CBE)
- Sample Bibliography or Works Cited in MLA Style
- Sample Parenthetical References in MLA Style
- Sample Footnotes in MLA Style
- Abbreviations of Months of the Year, Days of the Week, and Other Abbreviations of Time
- Internet Country Codes Alphabetical Listing by Countries
- Common, Uncommon and Specialized Abbreviations
- Bible Abbreviations
- How to Write a Bibliography – Examples in MLA Style
- Chapter 11. Guidelines on How to Write a Bibliography in MLA Style
- Chapter 10. Works Cited, References, and Bibliography – What’s the Difference?
- Chapter 9. Parenthetical References – Examples in MLA Style
- Chapter 8. First Footnotes and Endnotes – Examples in MLA Style
- MLA Footnotes. How to Write Footnotes and Endnotes in MLA Style
- Chapter 6: Plagiarism: How to Avoid It
- Chapter 5. Quoting Passages Using MLA Style
- Format for a Research Paper
- Chapter 2. Quick Click to Search Engines
- How to Write a Research Paper