25 Ideas of Great Research Paper Topics on Math for You
Some may think that writing a research paper on Math can be dull, but let us assure you that the world of mathematics is vivid and wonderful. Mathematics is the universal language that can describe everything and anything: from music to galaxies orbiting each other. We are sure, you will choose math research topics that are really interesting for you. Just let us give you some useful tips to make your paper even better.
If this isn’t your only research paper on Math, try to connect all you plan to write with a single topic. It will allow you not to waste your time on searching for new information: you will already have the basics from your first paper and then will be free to narrow or explore further the topic you are interested in. It will also show your teacher your determination and devotion to a particular part of the subject.
Be very attentive when writing your math research paper and double-check your practical part. Unlike lots of other sciences, Math is a very precise one and often its problems have only one possible way to solve them. What may be considered your personal opinion or a creative idea in other research papers, here will be interpreted as a mistake. Remember that new Math theories usually take years to investigate and prove, so be careful while proposing something new and unusual.
Always try to get a broader perspective. Even if the theory or phenomenon you study was proven long ago, you always have a possibility to add something to it. Try to think about the usage of it that was never suggested before or an unusual approach that will show another facet of something that was considered already known from every side. Math can be useful in every other branch of human life, so who knows, maybe you are the one who will invent a new combination?
Check out our sample topics to get inspired and good luck to you!
A List of 25 Research Topics in Mathematics
- The history of mathematics
- Greek math theories and inventions
- The math of ancient great buildings
- The math of Universe. Universal constants
- Astronomy and math. How can we know about what we have never seen?
- The greatest mathematicians and their role in the history
- The greatest math invention in history
- Euclidean and non-Euclidean geometries. Going beyond the space we used to
- Unsolved problems in math
- Math and Quantum theory
- Math and Philosophy
- Art and math: are they connected?
- Number theory
- Math and the AI concepts
- Math in nature
- Math in our daily life
- Math and Probabilities
- Fundamental mathematical theorems
- Sports and math
- Is Math unique for humans only?
- STEM Education: why math is so important?
- Math and formal logic
- The math of time
- Math and gender