30 Great Research Paper Topics for Computer Science
Computer science is science that changes, perhaps, the faster of all. Every month something happens – the machines become more powerful, the new languages of programming are invented and the new possibilities are opened before computer scientists. The other side of this progress is that the information that was up to date yesterday can be history today. So choosing the topic for your research paper on Computer Science becomes a tricky matter.
As every other area of human life, computer science has its fashion. Just look through the magazines, the exhibitions announcements and other related events to see what is trendy now. Artificial intelligence, virtual reality and enhancing the physical modelling of the real world are always a “little black dress” of computer science, they are always popular and there is a lot of data connected to them – but there are dozens of people writing about them and it will be really challenging to compete with them and write something completely new.
You may abandon the easy way and find something that is not so popular, but is very useful for some practical reasons: for example, making the complicated calculations faster, or perfectly modelling some tricky bacteria that biologists desperately need. It will be equally interested for your audience if you give them clear practical reasons of why it is great and has to be done.
As with math or physics, the research paper on Computer Science may quickly become boring and hard to understand if it will consist endless lines of code without any practical example. Try to use them after each major point in your paper. You may add funny commentaries to your code or use interesting problems to solve them in examples. The audience will follow you more attentively if you have such “easter eggs” inside your work.
You may use our sample topics to get some inspiration, but don’t forget to check the last available data about them!
- Biotechnology, medicine and computer science
- Neuron networks and machine learning
- Big data analysis
- Virtual reality and its connection to human perception
- The success of computer-assisted education
- Computer assistance in support services
- Database architecture and management
- Human-computer interactions. The importance of usability
- The limits of computation and communication
- Computers and media. Where is the line between art and math modeling?
- Why there are so much programming languages?
- Digital security versus private information
- Encrypting and decrypting
- Quantum computers. Are they the future?
- Is the evolution of search algorithms finished?
- The importance of open source software
- Portable gadgets and the peculiarities of software development for them
- Cloud storages: advantages and disadvantages
- Computer viruses: the main principles of work and the hazards
- DDOS attacks, their danger on the global scale and their prevention
- Is SCRUM methodology the best invented one for computer science?
- The online medicine apps: can they sometimes substitute the treatment of real doctors?
- 5G Wireless System: is it the future?
- Windows, MacOS, UNIX – what OS is the most perspective now?
- Biometric systems and recognizing
- Ethical hacking. Who are the “white hat hackers”?
- Cyborgs: is it sci-fi or nearest future?
- The ATM and bank security
- The evolution of torrents
- What is blockchain?
Having difficulties with choosing your research topic? The deadlines are pressing and you have no time to handle all your academic assignments?
Get help from experienced and well-trained writers holding a college or a PhD degree! We also offer proofreading and essay writing service. Click the button to proceed!