40 Political Issues Research Paper Topics for the Best Paper Possible
To write about political issues, the author of the paper should study not only political science, but also know something (and even more than something) about history, economics, military strategy, public relations and even psychology. To fully understand the political process one should have lots and lots of knowledge about the way our society operates.
While you have limited time and the amount of pages, it is important not to bite more than you can chew. Select a particular event in the particular country in a certain time and study it thoroughly. Remember that the similar events in the different periods of time or on the opposite sides of the globe may have the completely different causes, based on cultural context.
Also you should remember that the facts stay the same but the interpretation of these fact changes with time and the development of the society. What you knew year ago can appear to be distorted by propaganda, or, on the contrary, cleared by the recent researches. The saddest part is that you can’t trust your personal attitude either, because, despite your devotion to any idea, it always has the chance to be reconsidered or replaced by another one.
Don’t try to present every possible aspect that could cause the political event you are writing about. Focus on the main ones, try to create the clear but not very detailed picture: your audience can get lost in the countless theories and possible causes. Or you may even take one single aspect or theory and present it as detailed as you can: this also will work great for the research paper.
Feel free to browse through our sample topics to get some inspiration.
- The history of politics: when and how it was created and how it evolved
- The politics and war history: is every war a political decision?
- Political science overview. Basics and methodology
- Political Psychology
- The influence of cultural norm on politics.
- Politics and religion: is politics always rational?
- The prominent personalities in politics (choose the country and timeframe)
- The political decisions that changed the history
- The causes and consequences of civil wars
- Is terrorism a political instrument?
- The importance of social movements in politics
- Populism: what is it and how does it work?
- Totalitarian regimes: similarities and differences
- Divided governments: examples and principles of work
- The types and peculiarities of electoral systems
- Federalism, Confederalism and Unitary Systems. Why such form appear and how they operate?
- Presidential republics versus parliamentary republics
- The ancient and modern examples
- Interstate affairs. Wars and diplomacy
- International political economy
- Global politics. Environment and resource preserving
- The code of honor and loyalty oaths
- The concept of open society and politics
- Corruptions in politics and the ways to eliminate it
- Positivism: pros and cons
- Constructivism: pros and cons
- Politics in media
- The role of public relations in politics
- Nationalism versus globalization
- Rational Choice Theory
- Does the politics change when the morals of the society evolve?
- Cultural pluralism
- The concept of common good and its impact on the politics
- The politics during peace and wartime
- Nonstate actors on international political arena
- Why the result of exit polls is usually different from the result of actual elections?
- The philosophy of politics
- The impact of political scandals
- Political anthropology
- Worldwide political dependencies