40 Best Ideas of Social Issues Research Paper Topics
Social issues don’t exist without the society, its cultural, ethical and moral boundaries. What is considered a social issue in one country or timeframe, may be an absolutely mundane event in other. So every social issue research paper should start from explaining the cultural context where it happened.
If you want your research paper to be easily understandable, you may take into consideration also the cultural background of your audience (at least its majority). Will it understand the examples you provide or shall you add some more explanations just to make sure you are on the same page? Or, on the contrary, is your audience somehow connected to the social issue you want to study? If so, you should be especially careful with your research, so you won’t offend them or trigger some unwanted memories.
The diversity of social issues allows the researchers choose the ones that weren’t studied before and apply the new approaches to those that were studied already. But to make your research paper really great you should carefully examine the previous researches regarding the social issue you want to study. Was there something you can use as a base for your own research? Or do you see the “blind spot” you can fill with your paper, completing the picture?
The social issues research papers may seem easy to write in comparison with other topics, but still it demands a very creative approach, a huge amount of curiosity and ability to think outside the box and search information in unconventional sources.
Feel free to use our sample topics to come up with your own!
- Religious gatherings and rituals
- Country-wide strikes and protests
- LGBTQ+ prides
- Worldwide flashmobs
- Social stratification and inequality
- Gender discrimination and anti-harassment movements
- The issues of orphanage kids
- Pornography and AI sex dolls
- Sex work or paid rape?
- Virtual reality and virtual communities: can they substitute the real world?
- Information overload: the society is overstressed with the amount of data
- Demographic crisis
- Beauty standards as a major factor of depression
- Epidemics and the reaction of the society
- Social isolation of people with HIV/AIDS
- The fight against animal testing
- Internet safety
- Humanitarian missions
- Fighting racism
- The rights of the ethnic minorities and native people
- Internet safety and cybercrimes
- The necessity of death penalty
- Fighting poverty in the world
- Access to the drinking water in third world countries
- Free education for everyone: shall it be implemented?
- National identity versus globalization
- Women rights and transpeople rights
- Obesity as an obstacle in social life. Fatshaming
- Civil rights: shall they be expanded?
- Abuse and neglectin asylums, orphanages and care homes
- Church and state: shall they remain separate?
- The problem of bigotry in modern society
- Immigration and resocialization of the immigrants.
- Sustainable consumption on the worldwide scale
- School violence
- Legalizing drugs: basic rights to choose or a danger to society?
- Social isolation. The hikkikkomori phenomenon
- Bullying at schools and colleges
- Kids transitioning: shall it be allowed?
- Advertisements: are they becoming too powerful?
Having difficulties with choosing your research topic? The deadlines are pressing and you have no time to handle all your academic assignments?
Get help from experienced and well-trained writers holding a college or a PhD degree! We also offer proofreading and essay writing service. Click the button to proceed!