40 Useful Samples of Terrorism Research Paper Topics
Unfortunately, the theme of terrorism is now still very acute. The terroristic acts aren’t history, they can happen in the centers of the peaceful cities of developed countries. No one is safe… but still it isn’t the reason not to study terrorism and search ways to prevent it and, possibly, eliminate it completely.
The definition of terrorism is actions made to frighten the people and threaten them to achieve some political, ideological or religious goals. So it can be classified by the goals the terrorist try to achieve and by the methods they use to do this. Every type of terrorism has well-known patterns that can be used to timely spot potential terrorists and disarm them.
Another question that is inevitably raised during studying terrorism is the balance between personal space and private data and safety of the society. The governments may implement more and more strict laws using fighting the terrorists as cause, but it may lead to almost totalitarian regimes where the basic human rights of the citizens are suppressed. From the other hand, giving everyone complete freedom and privacy may lead to terrorists abusing these rights and using the privacy against the society.
Read also: How to start off a research paper?
The hard topic that also appears from time to time is: can terrorism be justified in some cases of dire need, if the alternative is way worse and the goal is worth it? Sure, almost everyone of us will say “no”, but even nowadays there are a few totalitarian regimes that are so horrible that knowing of them may make even the purest souls doubt.
Please feel free to use our free samples of topics to get some inspiration:
- How does the development of technologies affect the tactics of terrorists?
- The tragedy of 9/11
- The Incels movement: a growing danger?
- Terrorism and religion
- Using minors and vulnerable social groups in terrorist acts
- The role of terrorism in the creation and development of Israel
- The most powerful international terrorism groups: Boko Haram, Al Qaeda and others.
- Partisan movements and terrorism
- The history of terrorism
- What methods are justified when fighting terrorism?
- Hiroshima bombing: can it be considered terrorism?
- Terrorism in media and films
- The process of radicalization. The creation of terrorist groups
- Motivations of terrorist groups
- Terrorism and Mafia: similarities, differences and cooperation
- Terrorism as a tool for politics. Can it be used to benefit some particular political forces?
- Guantanamo Bay Detention Camp: was it justified?
- Suicide bombing and psychological conditioning of suicide bombers
- Terrorism and human trafficking
- Terrorism threat and the international travel safety
- Is non-violent response to terrorism possible?
- The ways to work with society to prevent terroristic acts
- The first psychological aid to the victims or witnesses of terrorist act
- Why terrorists use hostages? What shall the potential hostages do to survive?
- The main differences between political and non-political terrorism
- The recruiting strategies of terrorists
- Counterterrorism all over the world
- The most prominent terrorist leaders
- The most famous counterterrorist operations
- What can society do to prevent terrorism?
- The future of terrorism. May it evolve?
- The process of taking responsibility for terrorist act: why and how the terrorists do this?
- The model of Israel society. Is it good for fighting terrorism?
- Terrorism as international crime
- Nuclear terrorism
- Terrorism and blackmailing
- Is it possible to exit a terrorist cell?
- Ideological terrorism
- The different definitions of terrorism and the cause of their creation