25 Literature Research Paper Topics
Writing a literature research paper can look like a very pleasant task. You are free to choose your favourite piece of literature and share your own emotions with the audience. Still, despite this, a research paper needs some actual research. Let’s think what we can study in literature.
The most obvious decision is to pick a literature style as your topic. Classifying literature works, searching for common features that indicate that the literature piece belongs to a certain style and describing these features may be a challenging task, especially when you have some controversial examples of literature works that may or may not belong to this style. But if you really like the subject of your research, it can be very rewarding, because you may suddenly discover for yourself lots of books written in your favourite style.
The second common set of topics is authors and their works. Try not to turn your research paper into the biography. Focus on the literature heritage of the author, think about the impact the events of their life had on their writing. You may compare the ideas that the author shows us at the beginning and in the end of his literature path and analyse the changes that happened.
Of course, you may pick just a single book, lots of them deserve an exclusive research. Just keep in mind that it will be very hard to add something new to the already conducted researches of the classical pieces of literature. Still, it shouldn’t stop you for trying. If you choose the not so well-known literature work instead, it will be great to illustrate your major points with the quotes from it, just to be at the same page with those who didn’t read it.
Feel free to inspire from our sample topics. We are sure, you will write a great research!
- The American Dream in literature
- Religion and literature
- The works of Hemingway
- The “stream of consciousness” style of literature
- Artificial languages in literature
- Mythology as literature
- Modern literature
- Why “Harry Potter” became so popular?
- The image of Death as character in literature
- Literature for children
- Shall literature be gendered?
- Utopian and dystopian literature
- Victorian literature
- The works of Shakespeare
- Can fanfiction be considered an independent literature?
- Feminist literature
- Good and evil in literature
- Cliches in literature
- Byronic characters in literature
- Irony and sarcasm in literature
- Literature as instrument of propaganda
- Madness in literature
- Psychology and literature
- Sex and romance in literature
- Trickster characters in literature