30 Great Research Paper Ideas on Media and the Press
There are plenty of topics that can be raised when we are talking about media. But how to choose the one that you will be really delighted to study and write the research paper about? We understand that everyone can get stuck on the very first stage of choosing the topic and thus the direction of research. Try to use some simple questions we gathered for you to figure it out!
The first question is: what kind of media do you prefer to study? If it’s written – is it classical newspapers (that are still alive), special magazines for the small circle of professionals, glamour press or social network blogs? Or, maybe you prefer movies, advertisements or music clips? Or even want to discuss the problems of the media of the future like access to the global network hardwired into our brain?
When you made the first decision, it’s time to narrowing topic further. Think about what exactly caused the choice your made? What do you prefer in this type of media, what makes it better for you from the whole list? Maybe, there is a lot of data about it, so it will be easy to gather materials for your research paper? Or vice versa, there is almost nothing known, so you have all the chances to make a discovery? Analyse your own reasons of choice and you will understand what should you write about.
Also, make sure that you will be able to provide examples of media you are talking about. Search for something that can illustrate your point perfectly, fits the format of the research paper and is easy to understand without the long explanations of the overall context. Be careful with copyrights, ask permission to use the materials in educational purposes always when you have the slightest hesitations.
Check out our sample topics, if you want to go the other way around – they are quite narrow, but maybe they can give you some inspiration?
- Does sex sell? Usage of primal instincts in advertising.
- Are cliches in the media good or bad?
- The history and importance of radio play
- Al Jazeera
- Are modern media biased?
- Media, ethics and PR
- Why do people prefer scandals in media?
- Social advertising: does it work?
- Why do newspapers still exist in the Internet age?
- Media for kids and teenagers
- Shall media be gendered?
- Media, fashion and aesthetics
- Popular culture and media
- The media of the future
- Shall we have space that is totally free of advertising?
- Media and informational overloading
- Government rules and politics about media
- Media and censorship
- Media as instrument of propaganda
- Terrorism and media
- Reality shows, privacy and ethics
- Diversity in modern media
- Door-to-door sales: invention and future
- War correspondents
- The demand for violence: do people want to see it or they adapt to what they see?
- Arthouse and mainstream
- Major media industries
- Shall the news always tell the truth?
- Media and religion
- Kids and the influence of media
Having difficulties with choosing your research topic? The deadlines are pressing and you have no time to handle all your academic assignments?
Get help from experienced and well-trained writers holding a college or a PhD degree! We also offer proofreading and essay writing service. Click the button to proceed!